Susan Fowler has shared her message on optimal motivation, self leadership, and thriving together in all 50 states and over 40 countries. In her bestselling book, Why Motivating People Doesn’t Work . . . and What Does, Susan Fowler implored leaders to stop trying to motivate people because it just doesn’t work and aggravates everyone involved. Thanks to this bestseller, translated in over a dozen foreign languages, thousands of managers worldwide have learned how to activate their staff members’ optimal motivation.
Now, with her latest book, Master Your Motivation: Three Scientific Truths for Achieving Your Goals, Susan is on a mission to help individuals master their own motivation, achieve their goals, and flourish as they succeed.
Widely known as one of the foremost experts on motivation and personal empowerment, Susan gained her knowledge through extensive experience in business, advertising, sales, production, marketing, executive and life-style coaching, and leadership training with clients as diverse as AARP, Dow, Eli Lilly, Fruit of the Loom, Google, and the National Basketball Association. Susan is also coauthor of the bestselling Self Leadership and The One Minute Manager with Ken Blanchard and the creator and lead developer of The Ken Blanchard Company’s Self Leadership, the best-in-class self-leadership and personal empowerment program.
Susan lives with her husband, Drea Zigarmi, in San Diego, where she is a senior consulting partner for The Ken Blanchard Companies, a leadership consultant and motivation coach, and a professor in the Masters of Science in Executive Leadership program at the University of San Diego. Susan is a rotating board member for Angel Faces, a non-profit organization serving adolescent girls with severe burn trauma and disfigurements.
Susan in Action
- Why Motivating People Doesn’t Work… and What Does
- Master Your Motivation: Three Scientific Truths for Achieving Your Goals
- Thriving in the Midst of Change through Optimal Motivation
- Achieving Optimal Motivation
- Your Belief Could be Eroding Your People’s Motivation
- What Leaders Don’t Understand about Motivation Can Hurt
- New Advances in Motivation Science Require Three New Leadership
Competencies or Why Motivation Science Demands Three New
- The Magic of Self Leadership
- What If Everyone in Your Organization Were Self Leaders?