Your boss delegated an important project to you. Flattered to be trusted with the assignment, you also have grave concerns because of other priorities and limited resources. What do you do?
- Smile insincerely as you mumble obscenities under your breath.
- Lament that your manager doesn’t have a clue about what it takes to do your job.
- Dive in and hope for the best.
- Complain to your coworkers in the lunchroom.
- Implement Proactive Problem Solving—a tried and true technique for selling your solutions to a problem affecting your sanity.
The best option may appear obvious, but my SmartBrief post this month explains how to sell your solutions based on a tried and true process that really works. I don’t understand why politicians don’t use it. Shh!.